Platinum Traditional Village
Platinum was named in the 1930s due to the platinum ore found in the area. The site was a mining boomtown by 1937 boasting a roadhouse, two trading posts and a population of fifty. A post office had been established in 1935. An earlier Eskimo village called Agvik had been abandoned. The town was incorporated as a city in 1975.[
Ray Petersen Flying Service was awarded the exclusive contract in 1937 to fly for the Goodnews Bay platinum and iridium mine, hauling miners and company supplies out of his base at Bethel, Alaska
Click Enlarge Map and then Click Nearby to see all restaurants, gas stations, hotels...etc nearby. This may not appear on phone view.